Sunday afternoons are something else…especially during the hot sunny months here in Nairobi. Many people have a lot of free time. The downside to that is becoming bored.I prefer to stay indoors than walk under the scorching sun and have an afternoon nap or watch movies.
Luckily for you, there are many other interesting things you can do to enjoy your Sunday with your family and friends.
- Splash Water World : – This is great place to visit if you have kids. Known for it’s adrenaline pumping slides and well designed pools. It’s a great place to take your kids on a sunny afternoon. There is a restaurant and bar where you can relax as the children splash away.
- Nairobi Safari Walk :- With its raised wooden boardwalk that allows for uninterrupted views of the animals at close proximity. Ideal place for a family outing or a day out with friends.
- Maasai Ostrich Farm :- Its an ideal getaway from hustle and bustle of city. Its located around 45 kilometers from Nairobi. There are plenty things to see and do therefore great for families and friends. The activities include a farm tour, swimming and ostrich riding. It is a whole new experience you wouldn’t want to miss.
- Paradise Lost:- Enjoy your Sunday afternoon in Paradise Lost Resort . Its just a 20 minutes drive from the city. Activities on the property include
– Boat riding
– Visiting a coffee farm and the stone age caves
– Horse riding or camel riding
– Nature trails
- Nairobi National Park:- Explore the open grassland with an amazing backdrop of the city. The park is home to a wide variety of wildlife including the endangered black rhino, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffaloes, giraffes and diverse bird life. After a game drive in the park,you can organise a picnic lunch at park’s picnic sites.
Enjoy the outdoors this Sunday 🙂